Friday, December 11, 2020

Karin Thompson discusses My Journey to Enjoying My Life and Encouragement for the Weary Soul

 



Welcome to author Karin Thompon!


Karin Thompson

As an author, I have a passion to write books that will keep people turning the pages and to give them something a little deeper to think about long after the last page has been read. My passion is to encourage the Body of Christ in their faith and to not only help them grow closer to God but to also help them fulfil their God-given assignments for life.  To help people reach their full potential in Christ.


Thank you for taking the time to read a little about me.  If you’re keen to connect with me further, you can visit my webpage at https://www.karinthompson.com/ or follow me on https://www.facebook.com/karinthompson.author or https://www.instagram.com/karint.thompson_author

And if you’d like to sign up to my newsletter to receive regular news from me, you can do so here https://www.karinthompson.com. I promise I won’t flood your inbox, and you’re free to unsubscribe at any time!’

Tell us about your life outside of writing?

I love to spend time with my three grandchildren. They light up my life so much. I enjoy reading fiction and non-fiction. I always want to learn more and find a better way to do things. I enjoy going for a walk in nature, I find it helps to clear my mind. On Fridays, I have a date night with my hubby. We have our chocolates and watch a good movie together. We have been this for the last 43 years!

Do you have a work in progress?

Yes, I have some thoughts on another book. Presently I am adding content to my website and blog post. I am focusing on marketing and getting my work out there. Building up my followers. I also am contributing articles for magazines.

What was the most difficult section/piece you ever wrote?

In my book – My Journey to Enjoying My Life, it was difficult to go back into my past and remember stuff that had happened to me. Especially the piece on forgiveness. It brought back such memories of the ordeal and process to forgive my dad and let it go. It was not an easy book to write especially as it was so personal, but I felt I had to do it. I wanted to help others get free from hurts from their past. Our past can keep us trapped and in a holding pattern until we let it go and walk away free from it.

What made it difficult?

Bringing up the emotions. I had to pause quite a bit between chapters. I didn’t want to write the book from my emotions but from my heart that was healed. I wanted my book to be a journey to wholeness.

What sort of research do you do for your work?

I use the Bible a lot. I also use google to look up subjects. I read extensively so I look up other authors in my field to see what thoughts they have on the subject. I often hear something that just speaks to me and I will use this a build upon it in my writing.

Which books & authors do you read for pleasure?

I enjoy Liana Moriarty. She writes well. I have also just discovered Hannah Richell.

Is there an author who inspires you?

Yes, Joyce Meyer, I love how she helps people she has many books available on every subject under the sun! I always buy her books, they are so encouraging.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write?

I felt it was something God wanted me to do. But my husband has been so supportive and always encourages me with my writing. He is the first person that reads my work once it is finished. He gives me an honest review. My last book he said, “Are you sure you wrote this, it’s so good!” It was a wonderful compliment to get.

 

My Journey To Enjoying My Life


My Journey To Enjoying My Life is a heartfelt, dynamic true-life story of Karin. This must-read book details the events of her early childhood abuse, her struggles with the feeling of being unloved by her parents and the fears that developed from her fight to just be normal. Karin takes you on a dynamic journey of how she struggled with the same patterns of control that were instilled in her as a child when she herself became an adult and had her own family. She goes into deep detail on how she found God and how He lovingly and faithfully started to heal her from within and expose to her all the insecurities that she had built because of her abusive childhood. A dynamic and passionate book which will speak to the very heart of any person who has ever experienced any form of abuse in their life, it will enable you to search for God amidst all the heartache and rejection and show you how, no matter what form of abuse you have experienced, God still loves you and wants the very best for your life. It is a practical, easy-to-read, step by step book which will enhance every reader's walk with God and aid with the internal healing so desperately needed for abused people.


To buy:

https://www.amazon.com/My-Journey-Enjoying-Life-waiting/dp/0648522903/ref=sr_1_3?crid=EG8TK7TU0AYC&dchild=1&keywords=my+journey+to+enjoying+my+life&qid=1602479729&sprefix=my+jorney+to+enjoying+my+life%2Caps%2C390&sr=8-3

 

                                   

Encouragement for The Weary Soul


Are you discouraged? Could you do with a Pep talk?

Then this book is for you. Do you want to give up? If you are experiencing weariness and ‘spiritual burnout.’ Help is on the way.

Find healing, hope, and inspiration in this collection of encouraging words for Weary Souls. Prayers and Scriptures that offer help and support as you overcome the situations you face.

You do not have to live your life worn out and confused. There is comfort for tomorrow. You will want to read this book over and over to find peace amidst your negative circumstances.

Throughout these pages, discover encouragement and strength to carry on.

This is the perfect book for Christians looking for straight forward answers. An uplifting read you can turn to again and again during tough times.


To buy:

https://www.amazon.com/Encouragement-Weary-Soul-Through-Storms-ebook/dp/B0894QTD5R/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2R5PU68GOI2PC&dchild=1&keywords=encouragement+for+the+weary+soul+karin+thompson&qid=1602479903&sprefix=encouragment+for+the+weary+soul%2Caps%2C397&sr=8-1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/