Sunday, January 23, 2011

Renovations

If you've visited my blog before, you'll notice a slight colour difference. I've changed it from bright green to brown. Not a sign of depression, I assure you. Merely an update. I've been painting walls in my house and decided to paint the wall of my blog as well.

Had a great meeting of the HWG again today. Very intriguing prompts which led me to channel Edgar Allen Poe and write a something so creepy it made my hands sweat! Never had that happen before. Couldn't stop writing it either, which does happen lots, but nothing so heart pounding as this one. I promise to give it an edit and post it soon. Let's just say it features a special ghost and an unsuspecting guest.

The weather here in Southern Ontario has been rather bizarre this winter. Today we're huddling in a -17 degree Celcius chill. It will get up to 2 degrees come Tuesday. All this cold (not to mention the blackouts we've been having because of it) has one wonderful side effect. It makes me want to huddle with a candle, paper and pen and write. Seriously write. Lately, I've been so focused on editing novels with the intent of submitting to agents and publishers that I've neglected the creative side and it has been rebelling.

No more.

Balance is key.

Write, read, edit.

And keep warm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/