Wow, it's been an entire month since I posted to my blog! Work, family, and a huge karate seminar have all taken me away for the month, but I'm back on the merry-go-round that is The Round Robin Blog Fest! This month, a long string of authors are chatting about a whole new topic:
What is the most inspiring, romantic, or dangerous setting
you have ever read or written?
I was born under the sign Cancer, a water sign. I'm a crab with a natural affinity for water so for my entire life, I've been fascinated with the ocean, lakes, rivers, and so on. As a result, I tend to write stories set near bodies of water. The Wild Blue Mysteries series doesn't directly mention the lakes until Book 2, The Mystery Lady, but Lake Erie is within an hour drive of Packham. The novel my agent is currently querying, Death of a Jaded Samurai, is set in a fictional small town called Sandstone Cove, which I picture on the shores of Lake Erie.
If I could spend my time writing in my favorite place, it would be on the deck of a small cottage on the seashore or near one of the amazing Great Lakes, which have the same inspiring feel. The rush of waves to shore are very calming and bring the romance of the ocean a little more inland. The nearest beach, along the shores of Lake Huron, is an hour and a half away, but is a wonderful place to visit!
Lucky for me, I get to attend a writing retreat next month in a building that resembles a lighthouse and sits along the edge of a babbling river. I'll take that for now. Let's take a wander over to Geeta Kakade's blog to see what kind of settings inspire her!!
To order my books online, simply click on the title!
Be sure to check out the other amazing writers who are a part of this monthly event!
* Heidi Thomas at http://heidiwriter.Wordpress.com
* Lynn Crain at http://lynncrain.blogspot.co.at/
* Anne Stenhouse at http://annestenhousenovelist.wordpress.com
* Diane Bator at http://dbator.blogspot.ca
* Geeta Kakade at http://geetakakade.blogspot.com/
* Connie Vines at http://connievines.blogspot.com
* Marci Baun at http://www.marcibaun.com/
* Beverley Bateman at http://beverleybateman.blogspot.ca/
* Ginger Simpson at http://mizging.blogspot.com
* Margaret Fieland at http://margaretfieland.com/my_blog
* Fiona McGier at http://www.fionamcgier.com
* Rhobin Courtright at http://rhobinleecourtright.com