Sunday, January 26, 2020

Tanya Agler talks about "The Sheriff's Second Chance"




Welcome to author Tanya Agler!!


An award-winning author, Tanya writes sweet contemporary romance. A graduate of the University of Georgia with degrees in journalism and law, she makes her home in Georgia with her wonderful husband, their four children, and a lovable Basset, who really rules the roost. Her debut novel, The Sheriff’s Second Chance, is a January of 2020 Harlequin Heartwarming release. She’s represented by Dawn Dowdle and the Blue Ridge Literary Agency. When she’s not writing, Tanya loves classic movies and a good cup of tea.







1.    Tell us about your life outside of writing.
Hi, Diane. Thank you so much for inviting me to be your special guest on your blog today. I live in metro Atlanta with my wonderful husband, four kids, and one lovable but fussy Basset hound named Vera. In my spare time, I love reading to students at a local elementary school and I’m often found at my daughter’s basketball games or my son’s Cub Scout den meetings. I love going on picnics, and Georgia has some great hiking trails and state parks allowing my family to enjoy a picnic after walking. I’ve enjoyed climbing the steps to reach the top of Amicalola Falls and hiking in Cloudland Valley. Whether it’s walking outside in nature or on a treadmill, that’s one of my favorite activities. Otherwise, I’m usually found with a book in hand or watching a classic movie as I’m a huge fan of Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart.  

2.    Do you have a work in progress?
I currently have two works in progress: the second book in the series is with my agent and awaiting edits before we send it to my editor at Harlequin Heartwarming and I’m also working on the first draft of the third book in the series. In my second book, the heroine was first seen in The Sheriff’s Second Chance and the book deals with how she rebuilds her life in a small town after her ex-husband embezzled money from several of the town’s residents while battling bats and balancing work with her chaotic household including her young twins and menagerie of pets. The third book centers around another character from my debut novel.

3.    What was the most difficult section/piece you ever wrote? What made it difficult?
The first page of my books are always the most difficult for me. I’m still getting to know the characters and figuring out where to start and how much information the reader needs to get grounded in the story while not overwhelming them with too much detail is always the most difficult. Once I start writing and get the words on the page, I try to have fun with the book even the gut-wrenching parts where the couple faces insurmountable odds.

4.    What sort of research do you do for your work?
It depends on the book. For me, it’s a combination of interviewing people, watching YouTube videos, and doing online searches.
For the book I’m starting, I interviewed a friend of mine who is in the military about military life, reenlistment issues, and bereavement leave. I also rely on friends with different career backgrounds for information. My husband works in the medical field, and he’s answered questions on everything from poisons (for the cozy mystery I wrote) to stent procedures.
YouTube is amazing as I’ve watched videos on everything from how to change brake fluid to how to navigate a high ropes course.

5.    Which books and authors do you read for pleasure? Is there an author that inspires you?
Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. In my childhood, I fell in love with Trixie Belden mysteries and still love reading cozy mysteries. Some of my favorite mystery authors include Anne George, Carolyn Hart, Rita Mae Brown, V.M. Burns, and Heather Blake. I’m also a huge fan of romance novels and love reading sweet contemporary romance and romantic suspense. Series and small-town romances are two of my personal favorites. With my debut novel coming out with Harlequin Heartwarming, I love so many of the books in the line, and two authors in the line whose books I read when they come out are Rula Sinara and Melinda Curtis. So many authors inspire me on both a personal and a professional level. On a personal level, Tina Radcliffe has patiently answered my questions about writing, my critique partner Jeanine Englert has read my earliest drafts, and my accountability partner Sharee Stover helps me stay on track. Professionally, I have the utmost respect for RaeAnne Thayne and Carolyn Hart and so many others who demonstrate a strong work ethic while writing remarkable stories.

6.    Was there a person who encouraged you to write?
In high school, my junior English teacher announced a contest for young writers, and her encouragement led me to enter. My mom found a copy of that story and was the first person to tell me she enjoyed my writing. When my two oldest children were in school and I started writing a novel, I told my husband what I was doing and he said he wondered when I would realize I was a writer and start doing something about it. He knew before I did that I wanted to write romance novels and he’s been a huge encouragement ever since then.



The Sheriff's Second Chance

Broken things can’t be fixed…
Or can they?
Officer and single dad Mike Harrison doesn’t believe in second chances. Ever. That is, until he learns that his former best friend—gorgeous green-eyed car mechanic Georgie Bennett—is back in town. Unfortunately, she’s also a suspect in a recent break-in! But it’ll take an old classic car to show Mike and Georgie that almost anything can be restored with a little patience…and a whole lot of love.





Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1335889566/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_3ZBkEbS5RNVP8




No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/