Friday, November 27, 2020

Ekiuwa Aire tells us about Idia of the Benin Kingdom

 


Welcome to children's author Ekiuwa Aire, whose book cover I totally adore!



Ekiuwa Aire was born and raised in Benin City, Edo, Nigeria. She moved to England when she was nine and it was here, away from all she had grown up with, she discovered her passion for writing. Ekiuwa co-wrote her first book while finishing high school and continued developing her craft while earning a Bachelor of Economics and a Master of Business Administration. She is passionate about African history and incorporates the richness of many cultures into her books. Now a mother living in Canada, Ekiuwa hopes that her books will help kids develop an appreciation for African history, and to value the wisdom and pride that will come from this knowledge.

 What is your latest release?

Idia of the Benin Kingdom. It is a children's book a true African Warrior queen who lived over 500 years ago.

What are you working on now?

My next book is a children's book on Queen Nzinga of Ndongo and Matamba.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write?

My 2 daughters inspired me, my husband encouraged me to keep going.

What would you say are your strengths as an author?

My passion to get these stories told. I believe that there are socio-economic impacts to the books that I create.

How often do you write, and do you write using a strict routine?

I write children's books. My books are 1300 words long. When I'm working on a new story, I power through it every day for about a month. Then I send it to my editor for feedback. I go back and forth with my editor for a few weeks, then the work goes into the illustrations and communicating my vision with the illustrator. At this point, though I am still working on the book every day, I am not necessarily writing every day.

Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer?

I see myself heavily involved in teaching about African History.

Website and Social:

Website: www.our-ancestories.com

Instagram: @our_ancestories

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/our.ancestoriess/

Twitter: @ancestories

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/OurAncestoriess/

  


IDIA OF THE BENIN KINGDOM (9781777117900)

Idia of the Benin Kingdom takes readers on a beautifully illustrated journey to the 1500s in ancient Africa. Readers are captivated as they watch Idia transform herself from the young and curious daughter of a village warrior to becoming the Queen of the Kingdom of Benin.

This book teaches about perseverance, hard work, devotion, kindness, generosity, and love, it speaks to how we can be inspired to strive for our goals as long as we believe in them. Idia of the Benin Kingdom is a precious storybook that empowers a young girl to create a vision of who she wants to be as she creates limitless possibilities for her future.

Link to buy: https://our-ancestories.com/product/idia-of-the-benin-kingdom/ 

 

IDIA OF THE BENIN KINGDOM: Coloring and Activity Book (9781777117931)

Treat your little one to a uniquely creative way to learn all about the African Kingdom of Benin with this coloring and activity book specially designed to cover ancient African history for kids 4-8.

On every page, you’ll find new exercises, challenges, and creative tasks that will spark their imagination into life by introducing them to a world unlike any other. Just what you need when you want them to see the rich history and culture the world has to offer as they learn African history the creative way.

Link to buy:  https://www.amazon.com/Idia-Benin-Kingdom-Coloring-Ancestories/dp/1777117933/ 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/