Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Leanna Shields talks about Sparx of Suspicion

 


Welcome to author and podcaster LeAnna Shields! 
I had the pleasure of appearing on her podcast a couple months ago and we had a great time! 
I've added the link for our chat at the bottom of the page!




From an early age LeAnna Shields had a love for creating characters. In high school she used to spend her free time writing fanfiction, until one day when one of her friends suggested she write her own characters. After trying various styles and genres she finally found cozy mysteries. Now she enjoys blending the sci-fi and fantasy genres into her mysteries.

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeAnnashields 

Twitter: (not really active and need to do better at that lol) https://twitter.com/inkwielder

website: www.leannashieldsauthor.com

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/leannas1/_saved/

Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/LeAnna-Shields/e/B005D74GYQ

What is your latest release?

Well Diane. My latest release is the first in my Mystic Ranch Mysteries Series called Sparx of Suspicion. Some would call it a Paranormal Cozy. But I prefer to call it a Mythic Cozy since all the characters are mythical creatures.

What are you working on now?

Right now I’m working on getting the sequel edited and ready for eventual release. I’m also working on writing books 3 and 4 in that series, and over last November I finished a book called Dragon Roast and Danger that I’m hoping to get back from Alpha readers soon.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write?

Many, but one I remember in particular was a teacher in grade school. I had a lot of imaginary friends back then and would pester this poor woman with stories of their adventures. She told me one day that if I wrote them down she’d read them. She had no idea what path she started me on. 

What would you say are your strengths as an author?

My strengths as an author are my ability to create strong and vivid characters.

How often do you write, and do you write using a strict routine?

I try to write every day whether I get one word or one thousand. I wish I had a strict routine, but it seems like that only happens in November.

Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer?

Oh wow. Five years? Well I see myself with two solid series out. And Hopefully one of them will be a bestseller. Lol.

 



SPARX OF SUSPICION

There’s a dead gnome in the sleepy town of La Sola, Colorado. And if Sabiya Feathercroft isn’t careful there could be a dead elf. Her quiet life is turned upside down when she finds the body of her shop manager, and it turns out the rotten little gnome wasn’t just stealing tourmaline from her property. Now a changeling is stalking her while she works to turn her beloved family home into a beautiful inn. Bridger came to town in hopes of a new start. When he meets Sabiya, the charming owner of the local notions shop, he finds that she has a place for rent and thinks things are off to a great start. But when she finds herself being stalked by a changeling can he keep Sabiya safe or will she become the next victim of this crazed killer?Find out in this magical mystery where the mythic meets the mundane and nothing is as it seems.

AND... as promised here is the link to our chat on The Cozy Sleuth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/