Round Robin Blog Fest February 2021
My short answere is: Anywhere and everywhere.
I’ve had ideas come from:
- from conversations I've had or overheard
- from seeing photographs in person or in magazines
- lines from movies or plays
- while falling asleep at night
- while soaking in the tub
- while out for a walk or doing yoga
- while shopping
- reading biographies
- street signs - seriously!
- inspiration from books or poems
- misheard song lyrics
To be honest, my stories usually don't happen that fast, but when inspiration hits it can be like a runaway train! Most of the time, I just get scenes here and there then piece them all together. Except for writing books during Nanowrimo, that is!
My newest novel, All That Shines book two in my Glitter Bay Mysteries, evolved after I met a lovely woman who is transgender. She walked into the theatre where I worked to buy a ticket one day and I was fascinated with her story. She inspired me to create Quinn, a character I adore who will be back in full force in the next Glitter Bay Mystery novel. While All That Shines doesn't dig deep into Quinn's story, she sure has one to tell!