Friday, December 18, 2020

Amy Grundy has a new release, Murder to Go!

 


Welcome back Amy Grundy! Congratulations on the new release!



Amy Grundy

I was born and mostly raised in North Carolina, until I moved with my family to Texas. My met my husband here in Texas and we have been happily married for over 43 years. We live in the Houston area with our dog Oy, and 4 cats, Niko, Cholula, Rorschach and Echo. I am fortunate to have both my children Heather and Jason and my grandchildren, Giselle, Angel and Isabella all living nearby. After working over 26 years in the nursing field, I retired in 2019. Now I am enjoying writing full time. I didn’t start writing cozy mysteries until the spring of 2019 and my first book Murder Down the Hill was released mid – May 2020. Since then, I have released books 2 through 8 in the Copper Ridge Mystery series. Actually, writing was something I never thought I could do. My husband was the person who first encouraged me to try my hand at writing cozy mysteries. I have since discovered, that I really enjoy writing and the process of creating characters and their stories.

Website: www.amygrundy.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/AmyGrundyAuthor/

Instagram: www.instagram.com>amygrundyauthor

Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/review/list/110874076-amy-grundy

Amazon: www.amazon.com/Amy-Grundy/e/B088X27KLH

Amazon Series page: https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Ridge-Mystery-Book/dp/B08NY9LB3J/

What would you say are your strengths as an author?

Routine and the desire to create engaging characters. My routine is discussed more in question #2.  The next might be my drive to create engaging characters. To me this is almost as important as the mystery aspect of a cozy mystery. My goal is to create characters, that are fun, likeable and that my readers enjoy reading about.

How often do you write, and do you write using a strict routine?

Honestly, I usually spend time writing seven days a week. Routine works very well for me. My previous job was a work at home position. Even though I worked at home, I was required to work a standard 8 to 4:30 day. This routine has been beneficial to me in my writing. Although I might get a start later than 8 am, I consider writing my job. I try to finish up my morning activities, then sit down at my computer for a day of writing. On the days when something comes up and I don’t write, I almost feel guilty, like I’m not doing enough.

Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer?

Beside my current series, I have covers for three additional cozy mystery series. I would love to have all four series completed within the next five years.

If you could offer once piece of advice to a novice writer, what would it be?

Don’t be afraid to follow your dream, even if it takes you a while. Most writers continue to work a full-time job while writing their first book. Even if you only have small blocks of time to write during your day, use it. Write for 10 or 20 or 30 minutes, it will add up. Time will pass whether you write or not, so you might as well make the most of your time and write. Before you know it, you’ll have finished.

What would you consider to be the best compliment a reader could give your book?

So far, my best compliments involve people who tell me they are ready for the next book in the series. As a fairly new author, it is incredible to think someone actually wants to read what I write and even looks forward to my next book. I think the best compliment I could get from a reader might be, that my stories draw them in and provide them with books entertain and even a little happiness.


What are you working on now?

A Twin Sisters Mystery series – It will be a 4-book series, with the first book due to be released the spring of 2021. They live in a coastal town

 

 

MURDER TO GO – Book 8 of the Copper Ridge Mystery series

A pizza is ordered... But a murder is delivered.

It has been quite an eventful week in Copper Ridge, but not in a good way. First, there was a marriage proposal that went horribly wrong. Next, she was witness to a bitter argument between two neighbors. Then there was that gorgeous arrangement of roses that Maggie had put together, heaved down the driveway...the glass vase shattering into a million pieces.

If things weren’t bad enough, now someone is dead and as usual, Emily feels the need to jump into the middle of the investigation. She has finally figured it out when her call to Alex is interrupted. She hears a cold harsh voice behind her... and something cold and metallic is pressed up against the back of her head. Her heart is pounding, and she can feel the sweat trickling down her back...she is definitely in over her head. How is Alex even going to begin to find her? Or will she be able to talk herself out of this?

Read:   Murder to Go - Book #8 of the Copper Ridge Mystery series.

https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Go-Copper-Ridge-Mystery-ebook/dp/B08NY4S498/

 


MURDER ON THE RIVER – Book #9 of the Copper Ridge Mystery Series – coming later this month

Emily has finally received the email she’s been waiting for. She has finally heard from her long-lost aunt and she can’t wait to meet her.

In addition, Emily’s best friend Maggie will soon be getting married.

When Emily and her friends decide to enjoy a day of rafting, they envision a perfect day together. But when Emily falls overboard, their perfect day abruptly ends. She swims to shore, only to find that she isn’t the only person on the shore.

Alex starts to investigate and Emily isn’t too far behind with her own.

Will meeting her aunt or helping Maggie plan her wedding keep Emily occupied? Or is she going to jump right into the middle of the investigation?

Read:   Murder on the River - Book #9 of the copper Ridge Mystery series.

 


1 comment:

  1. Love you consistent looking book covers, with the same lady, dressed differently. Do you work with an artist to create the cover?

    ReplyDelete

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/