Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Diana Rubino talks about From Here to 14th Street and For the Love of Hawthorne

 


Welcome to author Diana Rubino! 

Join us for a glimpse of some great historical romances!



Diana Rubino writes about folks through history who shook things up. Her passion for history and travel has taken her to every locale of her books, set in Medieval and Renaissance England, Egypt, the Mediterranean, colonial Virginia, New England, and New York. Her urban fantasy romance, FAKIN’ IT, won a Top Pick award from Romantic Times. She is a member of Romance Writers of America, the Richard III Society, and the Aaron Burr Association. When not writing, she owns CostPro, Inc., an engineering business, with her husband Chris. In her spare time, Diana bicycles, golfs, does yoga, plays her piano, devours books, and lives the dream on her beloved Cape Cod.

Connect with Diana:

My Website:  www.dianarubino.com

My Blog:  www.dianarubinoauthor.blogspot.com

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/DianaRubinoAuthor/?ref=hl

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/DianaLRubino

Goodreads:  http://bit.ly/1V3GCgt

What would you say are your strengths as an author?

I’ve been told by readers and editors that my historical details are marvelous—that’s a great compliment, because I spend a lot of time on research, fueling my passion for history. I try to get all my facts correct, and enjoy doing as much digging as I need to. It wasn’t as instant before we had the internet, so I had to rely on the history books, and was fortunate to find experts and scholars to help me along.

How often do you write, and do you write using a strict routine?

When I’m in the throes of a work in progress, I work weekdays, from late morning until I’ve written 2,500 words, my daily goal. Some days it takes longer than others to reach that goal, but I don’t stop till I get there. Before writing every day, I re-read and edit what I’ve written the day before.

Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer?

I want to continue writing biographical novels about strong women. I have a dear friend Angela Rosati who is 91, and still writing historical romances. If she can do it, I can do it (but I’m more than a few decades away from her age!)

If you could offer once piece of advice to a novice writer, what would it be?

To all you aspiring novelists slaving away: keep writing. Keep practicing. Most of all, don’t ever give up on your dream. Just having a dream makes you very special. If you get impatient because it’s taking so long, just ask yourself this: Why does 16-year Scotch take 16 years? Some things are worth waiting for.

What would you consider to be the best compliment a reader could give your book?

That it made them laugh, or it made them cry. Then I know I did my job, because storytelling is about evoking emotion.

What are you working on now?

I’m finishing up a novel about Edith (Mrs. Theodore) Roosevelt, set in the 1890’s. She was very devoted to her husband and children, but I gave her another dimension in my book—she becomes a valuable asset to the New York Police Department, of which Theodore was Police Commissioner during this time, and assists them in finding a serial killer—actually, she finds him all by herself.

 

FROM HERE TO 14th STREET

It's 1894 on New York's Lower East Side. Irish cop Tom McGlory and Italian immigrant Vita Caputo fall in love despite their different upbringings. Vita goes from sweatshop laborer to respected bank clerk to reformer, helping elect a mayor to beat the Tammany machine. While Tom works undercover to help Ted Roosevelt purge police corruption, Vita's father arranges a marriage between her and a man she despises. As Vita and Tom work together against time and prejudice to clear her brother and father of a murder they didn't commit, they know their love can survive poverty, hatred, and corruption. Vita is based on my great grandmother, who left third grade to become a self-made businesswoman and politician, wife and mother.

Universal Amazon purchase link: getBook.at/NewYorkSagaBookOne

                              

FOR THE LOVE OF HAWTHORNE

Nathaniel Hawthorne’s courtship of Sophia Peabody lasted over three years because he insisted on keeping it secret. He had his reasons, none of which Sophia agreed with. But she knew they were destined for each other and he was worth the wait. When they married in 1842 “we became Adam and Eve alone in our Garden of Even” she wrote in her journal. But not all was paradise in their Eden—Nathaniel bore a burden that plagued his family since 1692. His ancestor Judge Hathorne condemned 19 innocent victims to death during the Salem witch trials. His heinous deeds brought shame and guilt upon the family through the centuries. In her last moments on earth, Sarah Good cursed the judge and his descendents from the hanging tree. Nathaniel’s belief in this curse haunted and tormented him until Sophia made it her quest to save him. This love story portrays the lives of two kindred souls whose legacy endures through the ages.   

Universal Amazon purchase link: getbook.at/LoveOfHawthorne

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/