Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Month, New Motivation

It's been a while since I posted last. I have used that time productively in editing Take the Money and Run and honing my query letter and synopsis. I have also had to take breaks in my writing to go to my "real" job. Always a source of inspiriation. Who knew that being a part-time bank teller was akin to being a bartender but without the alcohol (most of the time)? That will be an entire book on its own someday.

Did a few more submissions yesterday just to test the waters with my new chapter one. Same story just reworded and revamped. Maybe it will catch more interest.

In the meantime, here is a little poem I wrote for you to gnaw on...

Butterfly
I am a chrysallis
Quivering in my cocoon
Waiting to be.
There are many things
I am inside
Artist, writer, singer,
Butterfly
I anticipate the day
My wings will be strong
And I'll be free
To fly, to express,
To soar.

Keep warm and keep your dream alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/