Sunday, May 30, 2010

Plein Air Workshop May 30, 2010

Just got back from a wonderful day of painting, sun and meeting new friends. Today I took my first plein air workshop with George Perdue (www.georgeperdue.com) out at R.A. Gallery near Shelburne. What an amazing experience!

R.A. Gallery offered us the use of their many acres of property, their pond and old barn ruins to paint. We all rose to the challenge. Which is not to say that I will be posting my paintings. Well, maybe one, but I will post a few photos once I download them.

George is a patient instructor and a wealth of information. I have admired his work since moving to Orangeville 5 years ago when I saw a painting of his hanging in Mochaberry. A screen door with a view to a kitchen. I was in love. Having the opportunity to paint with him was the icing on the cake! He was very encouraging and plans to invite us all out to paint again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/