Monday, August 20, 2012

Vacation's Nearly Over

Wow, this summer has gone by fast.
The kids have been home for vacation, my inlaws were here for 2 1/2 weeks and I've been at work. There have been some fun things going on: working out with my kids, karate training, walking around town finding the weird and wonderful. I even bought myself a sandcastle candle holder the other day. Something that reminds me of our trip to Florida a couple years ago.

The one thing I really haven't done this summer is write. Funny how that's starting to affect me. The dam that has held my creativity in check has finally burst. After a long walk today, I sat and did some editing and reading and...soon, writing. Once I get back on top of what I've already done. I have to say I'm looking forward to it.

I'm gearing up to grade in karate. I'm seriously trying not to let things that other people do or have done interfere with my own training and determination. Despite some people's stupidity, I haven't given up. The combination of training and workouts are building up the hip and knee that still cause problems but are getting stronger.

September, for me, has always been the start of a new year rather than January. Old leaves falling. New paper. New pens. New ideas. New routines. Time to start planning my new routine and stocking up for a great season of writing!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/