Sunday, December 8, 2019

Vijaya Schartz talks about Akira's Choice and Angel Fierce



Welcome author Vijaya Schartz!


Born in France, award-winning author Vijaya Schartz never conformed to anything and could never refuse a challenge. She likes action and exotic settings, in life and on the page. She traveled the world and claims she also travels through time, and feels just as comfortable in the future as in the far past. Her novels collected many five star reviews and literary awards. She will make you believe you actually lived these extraordinary adventures among her characters. Find out more at: http://www.vijayaschartz.com

Tell us about your life outside of writing. - As busy as I have been with writing lately, there isn't much of a life outside my computer and my chair. But I make it a point to practice Tai-Chi several times a week and I hike the mountains of the Valley of the Sun around Phoenix Arizona on weekends. It keeps me centered. Otherwise, I have a steady relationship with my cat (who inspired many of my feline characters), and I maintain friendships in writing circles. I am also in the middle of a divorce... don't ask.

Do you have a work in progress? - I always have a work in progress, if not several. I am currently writing book 3 of the Byzantium space station series, and I'm plotting Book 3 of the Azura (angel planet) series. The two series are related, set in the same universe, and I am enjoying writing them. A few characters are recurring, but each novel is a standalone. That's what I like when I read. I hate novels ending with a cliff-hanger. I want to be satisfied at the end, so I want my readers to feel satisfied as well.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write? - All my teachers encouraged me to write, but I wasn't ready then. I needed to see the world and accumulate personal experiences, so I could write from direct knowledge. I also do a lot of research. Obviously, I've never lived on an alien planet or a space station, but first hand experience in many places, and first hand knowledge of many different cultures helps me create believable worlds for my novels.

Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer? - Writing. Always writing. A few more literary awards or a movie would be nice, a NYT bestseller would be fantastic. But for me, writing is its own reward. I think what authors crave the most is recognition for the quality of their work.

What are you working on now? - I'm in the first stages of MALAIKA'S SECRET, set on the Byzantium space station. The hero, Tyler, and the heroine, Mailaika, were secondary characters in AKIRA'S CHOICE, book 2. Book 3 is their story... along with a lot of action, adventure, dangers, plot twists, and villainous characters bent on their destruction, of course. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a Vijaya Schartz novel.

AKIRA'S CHOICE

When bounty hunter Akira Karyudo accepted her assignment, something didn't add up. Why would the Galactic Trade Alliance want a young kidnapped orphan dead or alive?

She will get to the truth once she finds the boy, and the no-good SOB who snatched him from a psychiatric hospital. With her cheetah, Freckles, a genetically enhanced feline retriever, Akira sets out to flush them out of the bowels of the Byzantium space station. But when she finds her fugitives, the kidnapper is not what she expects.

Kazmo, a decorated Resistance fighter, stole his nephew from the authorities, who performed painful experiments on the boy. Stuck on Byzantium, he protects the child, but how can he shield him from the horribly dangerous conditions in the lawless sublevels of the space station?

Akira faces the worst moral dilemma of her career. Law or justice, duty or love. She can't have it both ways.

November 2019 release from BWL Publishing

Editorial Reviews

"Wow! If readers want to see and feel and believe they are in deep space, then ‘Akira's Choice’ is the perfect choice! With a touch of romance, the vivid descriptions and beautifully developed characters masterfully presented by Schartz create a virtual world that invite the reader not merely to observe, but to walk amongst them and participate... This is a delicate art, and Schartz wields her weapons with precision and skill. Banzai!" 5 stars - exceptional - recommended read - Ind'tale Magazine

"A captivating story with interesting, appealing characters. Being a cat lover, I found the relationship, with its psychic element, between Freckles and Shane absolutely captivating. As always, Ms. Schartz’s solid plot and crisply-written prose incorporates a good blend of action and intrigue... This story can easily stand alone... but I believe you’ll enjoy this exciting Sci-Fi series much more if you start reading it from the beginning... a must read for all fans of Sci-Fi romance. Go pick them up and settle into your favorite armchair for some entertaining reading. 4.5 stars - Manic Readers

ANGEL FIERCE
Something’s rotten on the angel planet. When Avenging Angels turn up dead, Urielle, their Legion Commander, suspects the handsome intruder brought unspeakable evil to Azura.

Maksou never met a woman he couldn’t seduce. He came to the forbidden planet to rescue his friends and get rich in the process, but the jungle crawls with lethal life forms… including a gorgeous warrior angel, who saves his life but keeps him prisoner and challenges his irresistible charm.

Urielle, sworn to protect Azura at all costs, has no use for a maverick who ignores the rules and endangers the planet… no matter how attractive. Especially when the Galactic Trade Alliance (GTA) wages a secret war to get their greedy hands on the priceless crystal at Azura’s core.

Winner of the 2019 ARIZONA LITERARY AWARDS in Fiction.
February 2019 release from BWL Publishing

Reviews:
"Action-packed twists and blooming romance fill each chapter to the point I didn't want to stop reading it. I adore her planet, Azura, and the abilities of her Avenging Angels, but even above those, her two main story-stars. Maksou and Urielle take the lead. Truth beyond all... especially when one can't lie. Love it! I will be reading more of this author, entertaining and intriguing, along with vivid, intense action... plus the fact, this author knows her sci-fi." Susan - 5-stars on amazon.
"This romance is full of fascinating elements and a unique spin on Angels... fast pace and strong, vivid characters that draw readers in and keep them glued to the pages...  an entertaining and intriguing read." 4.5 stars -Ind'tale Magazine May 2019

LINKS:


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Diane, for the opportunity of being featured on your blog. Wishing you Happy Holidays and a wonderful year ahead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Holidays to you as well! Thank you for sharing your work with us!

      Delete
  2. Glad to learn more about you. As you know I'm a fan and will be waiting for the next installment of your adventures

    ReplyDelete

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/