Sunday, May 31, 2020

Victoria LK Williams presents Murder for Neptune's Trident and Mist Across the Waves





Welcome author Victoria LK Williams!


I write what I like to call Cozy Mysteries with a Tropical Twist. My series are set in small South Florida towns, with fun characters and a dog/cat or two.  Two of my series are cozy paranormal mysteries.

You can find me writing from our South Florida home, looking into the garden, watching the birds and squirrels fight over their next meal while I write. My two cats, Miss Marple, and Fletch, often join me at the desk and each has their assigned spot. I'm not sure they are there to supervise my writing or watch the birds.
Victoria and my husband of 37 years share a love of gardening, and together we have written a gardening handbook for Florida gardeners. We are now empty-nesters, which gives me plenty of time to dream up the next story.
Until then, you can read any of my current titles in the Citrus Beach Mystery series, Sister Station series, Storm Voices series, Mrs. Avery's Adventures series. And the new Beach House Mysteries!

Tell us about your life outside of writing.
Outside of writing, I spent my days in the garden. No, really, I do. I own and run a landscape gardening business where I design, install, and maintain small gardens, container gardens, and refurbish tired landscapes. I then come home to my hubby and two cats. We are generally homebodies, and spend time in the pool, reading and of course writing. I have a grown son who recently got married, so we are true empty-nesters.

Do you have a work in progress?
Yes, I am currently working on book 4 (of 6) in my Beach House Mystery series. I am so in love with this series. It's about murder, mermaid legends, and some great characters. The series is paranormal cozy and quite different from my other series.

What was the most difficult section/piece you ever wrote? What made it difficult?
In book 1 of the Beach House Mystery series, Mist at the Beach House, I killed off one of my more important characters. This was the first time I've ever killed a character that wasn't a victim or villain. I'm not ashamed to admit I cried as I wrote the scene.

 What sort of research do you do for your work?
I research titles, to be sure mine is unique, then I try to find at least one thing that is unusual that will blend in with the story. It could be a piece of history, a weapon, or a legend. I use Pinterest to capture a lot of what I'm looking into using in the story.

Which books and authors do you read for pleasure?
Hands down, my favorite author is Nora Roberts, followed closely by Agatha Christie. From there, I read authors I know to support them, and after that, it's whatever catches my attention.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write?
 Not one person, but a group of 20! I was in a business group, and we were all talking about what we would love to do if there was nothing to hold us back. I didn't even think the words pop out, surprising even me. "I want to write a book and have one stranger read it." That group of friends asked me constantly (nagged!) how the writing was going. Finally, I sat down and started writing Murder for Neptune's Trident (Citrus Beach Mystery series). That was six years and 18 books ago. I am very thankful for their encouragement and support.


              Murder For Neptune's Trident


Who killed JJ Travels? What does it have to do with Neptune's Trident?

A simple errand for a client leads Megan Cassidy into more trouble than she could have ever thought possible.
Before she knows what has happened, she’s a witness to a murder and a target for bullets and speeding trucks.
Who knew there could be so much going on in this little southern town, where your neighbors watched your back and "Mom & Pop" businesses populated Main Street?
When FBI Consultant, Aiden Tory, arrives to solve the murder, Megan pushes her way into the investigation. Together, they discover JJ hid secrets about their tropical paradise. Secrets that got him killed.
With her dog, Barney, helping to sniff out clues, they follow the leads, discovering the past can come back to haunt you.


Mist Across the Waves
My latest book (preorder): https://books2read.com/BeachHouseMystery-2

Morgan knew she didn't want to go out to sea...now she knew why.

The simple act of a surprise birthday party brings trouble from the depths off Pearl Island, and Morgan is forced to solve a murder and confront the threat to the island. It's her destiny to protect Pearl Island, and it's residence, just as it's Cora's destiny to try and destroy Morgan.

The sea witch is full of trickery and malice as she tries to lure a group of ocean salvage divers with the promise of gifts from the sea. But Morgan, with the help of her friends Gabe Holleran and the Colbright sisters, plans her own sleight-of-hand.

Who will win this battle? As Morgan tries to find the murderer, she also finds more about the history of Pearl Island and the roles the Seaver Family has played in the battles against the tricks and deceptions of the sea witch.


 Blog: Pen in hand, words on page:  https://wordpress.com/view/victorialkwilliams.blog




No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/