Friday, October 23, 2020

Azaaa Davis shares Soul's Day Boxset in time for Halloween

 


Welcome to paranormal author Azaaa Davis!!


Azaaa Davis is an American author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance novels.

She fell in love with reading as a high school freshman and continues to read, write, and draw today. Her background in social work helps her portray realistic characters in otherworldly—and sometimes terrifying—situations. A New York native, Azaaa currently lives in New Hampshire (USA) with her husband and daughters.

She debuted with This Time (book one in the Nadira Holden, Demon Hunter series) in 2018. A novel about demon hunters, family ties and the magic of love.

Azaaa is working diligently to finish writing more fantasy novels while raising her daughters. Thank you for showing an interest in her stories!

What genre do you write?

I write urban fantasy novels and paranormal romance novels using contemporary settings in the US.

 

Does your reading choices reflect your writing choices?

Yes. I only write stories I want to read. I write the untold stories about women of color in new paranormal worlds. I'm writing what I know, what I like to read and what I want to see more of in the world.

I prefer reading fiction: fantasy and romance. They can be very accessible as well as thought-provoking. These genres dominate for those seeking escapism from daily life.

 

Which type of characters are your favorite to write?

I enjoy writing bad girl characters. I like writing about female villains that enjoy following their own rules. I also enjoy writing loveable yet flawed heroes and antiheroes with a lot of baggage to unpack.

 

If you could offer once piece of advice to a novice writer, what would it be?

There's so much writing advice flowing around out there that it becomes hard to figure out what tips and techniques will work for you as a writer.

"Write everyday." While I do not write fiction everyday, I "wear my writing hat daily." I'm writing my story and increasing my word count, editing a story with feedback from a test reader or my editor, or I'm reading for fun to refill my creative well. When I don't wear my writing hat for days or weeks it can become a long, doubt-filled process to feel comfortable and confident about my writing skills again.


Do your characters come before or after your plot?

My characters come first. Often imagine a fascinating person, and then I wonder how they would handle being in this or that paranormal situation. So far my protagonists have been humans with special abilities. I plan to write about supernatural creatures as my protagonists in future stories like witches, vampires and wolf shifters.

When I created my debut novel, I thought about a female of color as a vampire slayer and my story developed from there into Nadira Holden Demon Hunter.

 

What are you working on now?

I have a few writing projects in progress. I am wrapping up a holiday-themed fantasy short story. I hope to give this exciting new story away for free as a thank you to my fans. I'm also working on part II of a paranormal duology titled Never Marry A Shifter. Jilted, part I, releases this month on 10/20/2020 as part of the Soul's Day Boxset.

 Website: https://www.azaaadavis.com

FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/azaaadavis

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/azaaadavis

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/azaaa.davis

GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18178994.Azaaa_Davis

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/azaaa-davis

 

SOUL'S DAY BOX SET- Horror and Paranormal Halloween-Themed Anthology


Old Hallows Eve, when things go bump in the night,

Children come to play, and the witches provide the fright.

For 20 authors, USA Today and international bestselling,

The Halloween tales become more than this foretelling.

In the Soul’s Day Boxset, a mansion feeds on souls,

 A gargoyle captures them, and a demon dungeon master makes the calls,

Campers gets picked off one by one,

The Karnaval’s corn dogs are less than fun,

Ghosts lurking around every bend,

‘I do’ at the wedding is certainly the end.

A boxset of chills and thrills to keep you up at night,

One-click pre-order to snap your copy filled with fright.

On old Hallow’s eve when creatures come to play,

With this spine chilling pages, it’s where you’ll want to stay.

 JILTED  -- Azaaa's contributing story to the Soul's Day Boxset is a paranormal romance novella.

 Administrative assistant by day and boss lady on social media by night, Theresa enjoys sharing her charmed life with half-million followers. The only thing she loves more is being engaged to the hottest doctor at the clinic where they both work. Cementing her fame by reaching one million followers would be the icing on her wedding cake.

Life stops running smoothly when her husband vanishes on their wedding night and a leaked photo of a barely-dressed Theresa yelling at the police sparks a viral sensation. With everything at stake—love, reputation, followers, and career—she embarks on a reluctant voyage of discovery. Follow Theresa as she stumbles over her new husband's secrets and develops her inner strength.

Price: $0.99 

Releasing Tuesday, 10/20/2020

Universal Buy Link: https://books2read.com/u/4Dy5Ne 

Amazon Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086ZVTKSS 

Book Website: https://soulsdayboxset.com 

 

THIS TIME 

Nadira Holden, Demon Hunter (book one)

Resurrected into present-day New York, Nadira Holden is asked to save the world ... again. She achieved legendary status when she gave her life to protect humans from demons. To her, it was yesterday. To the rest of the world, it was twenty years ago. Understandably, Nadira is adrift.

People have made peace with demons, worshipping them like celebrities. No one wants to believe that the beautiful creatures who brought magic to mankind could be causing the disappearance of so many people. Nadira wonders if this unfamiliar world is worth saving. Then her father goes missing, and she refuses to play nice. Gloves off. She has to do what she does best. Fight.

Nadira Holden, Demon Hunter is a new adult urban fantasy series from fantasy author Azaaa Davis that combines monster-slaying action, family drama, and simmering romance. If you like Vampire Hunter Anita Blake and Buffy The Vampire Slayer then buy This Time today!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F7X4HT1

 * * *


THAT NIGHT

Nadira Holden, Demon Hunter (book two)

All Nadira Holden wants is to preserve the last of her soul and create a new life free of magic, demons, and war. Her involuntary bond with a succubus makes her desires impossible. The threat of this disgruntled demon possessing her urges Nadira to find the succubus's missing body.

Nadira's only hope of avoiding demonic possession lies with Derek, the only demon she can tolerate without slaying. Except, his hands are full trying to secure his recently-inherited title of prince. Desperate, Nadira agrees to help Derek secure his title by experimenting with the deadly magic they once generated in exchange for his aid in her investigation.

To untangle herself from the evil that surrounds her, Nadira must be willing to betray her friends and get cozy with her enemies. She may even have to do the unthinkable: break the peace treaty that allows demons and humans to coexist. If she can't toss aside her scruples, Nadira may not make it out of this ordeal with her soul intact. That Night is book two in the Nadira Holden, Demon Hunter series. If you like monster-slaying action and simmering romance then buy That Night today!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NDTQHQ7





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my books including my new release, Soul's Day Boxset.

    I hope your readers join in the excitement of this instant #1 new release.

    ReplyDelete

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/