Sunday, January 24, 2021

L. E. Glazebrook talks about the Jezebels of Bedlam and The Daughters Return

 


Welcome to author L. E. Glazebrook!  I love her colorful book covers!


L.E. Glazebrook is an independent Australian author who has published two books to date: The Jezebels of Bedlam, and The Daughters Return. Both books are available via Amazon and Kindle Unlimited, as part of an ongoing series which will tell the stories of Tweldor.

Tweldor is a contraction of “the twelve doors,” a citadel built with angelic help to offer sanctuary for those survivors of Atlantis who chose to walk in the light. In the Tweldorian world, Atlantis was a nephilim colony, built by the descendants of Cain. Its citizens, it transpires, were not completely human. Rather, they were the result of intermarriage between nephilim offspring and humans as well as demonic mutations and horrific experiments. The evil inhabitants of Atlantis were plotting to create a genetically perfect superbeing who will dominate and destroy humanity – i.e. the antichrist.

Fast forward to modern times and Tweldor has become more than simply a sanctuary for the more ethical survivors. It has evolved into a place dedicated to teaching demonic hybrids how to live among humans and to fight all that is evil.

Glazebrook's work so far tells the hybrids' stories - their struggles with their demonic ancestry and genetic makeup and their continuing battle to renounce the darkness and act with love. These hybrids are every type of magical or mystical being you can imagine. In Tweldor you are just as likely to meet a werewolf as you are an incubus. You may take high tea with the Fairy Queen, only to enjoy a brandy by the firepit with an off-duty gargoyle guard later.

Website and buy link:

https://www.amazon.com/author/leglazebrook

When she is not here, you can find L.E. Glazebrook on:

Instagram - @leglazebrook

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/storiesbyleglazebrook/

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/leglazebrook

Wattpad - https://www.wattpad.com/user/LEGlazebrook

Episode - L.E.Glazebrook


Tell us about your life outside of writing.

“I’m Australian. I grew up in Sydney but I met my husband and soulmate in Brisbane, so this is where my heart and my home is. I’m a wife, not so evil stepmother, and step-grandmother. I feel truly blessed to have such a beautiful family, but I’m also very protective of them, so I don’t share much about them on social media.

Prior to publishing my first book, I worked as a Medical Herbalist and helped write the database for a vitamin company. Unfortunately, my job was eventually made redundant by the same database and now, well… I live my writing. On occasion, you may even have to yell at me to break my Bran-Stark-like trance and pull me out of whatever daydream I happen to be in.

Do you have a work in progress?

Yes, I am currently writing my third book, Beasts of Brisvegas. It picks up the continuing story of Tweldor about a week after the events of book 2. Here’s the blurb that I’ve put on Wattpad, where you can read the first draft:

Our favourite werewolf has found his mate at last, but can he keep her safe?

The Alliance of Shadow Hunters (ASH) plan to eliminate uncooperative shifters as part of their Enlightened Earth campaign.

Will all the beasts of Brisvegas survive? Perhaps the better question is, should they?

Tweldor says yes. ASH says no. Who is right?

This is book 3 in The Chronicles of Tweldor Urban Fantasy Series. While it can be read as a stand-alone book, it will contain plot spoilers, if you've not read the first two books in the series.

What was the most difficult section/piece you ever wrote? What made it difficult?

Writing about Limbo in book 2 was more challenging than I’d anticipated. I’d began the book before my job was made redundant, but then ironically, I was in Limbo myself, without a regular income and a skill set that no one seemed to be interested in. How was I going to write my characters out of Limbo, (a physical place in the Tweldorian world), when metaphorically, I was stuck there myself? It was both stifling and inspiring. On the one hand I could understand how the characters were feeling, but it was so difficult to get it on paper. The emotion was too raw. When I finally did get the words down however, it was truly cathartic. It was as though I was taking the same spiritual journey as my characters. I found the process a little scary, to be honest but there was also a kind of weird recognition and a certain pride that came with it. I think I was beginning to understand what it truly meant to live your art. I think it was at that moment that I “got it,” and I was able to say that I was a writer.

What sort of research do you do for your work?

The main antagonists in my books are demons and their mythology forms the bulk of my research. Sometimes, my internet search history reads like a horror movie… You can imagine some of the more unpleasant things that I’ve stumbled upon. To be honest, I find it extremely disturbing that something like a picture of the baby Jesus can be considered offensive on social media, yet forums freely discussing black magic and how to effectively call a demon or curse someone, is dismissed as freedom of speech. Whether or not magic or curses work, is not the point. The issue for me is that our society thinks that it is acceptable to want to cause someone harm, and there are websites and forums discussing ways to do it. I find that quite terrifying, and it made me determined that my writing would never sugar-coat evil.

Which books and authors do you read for pleasure? Is there an author who inspires you?

I’ll read almost anything as long as it doesn’t contain too much graphic violence but I do tend to gravitate towards fantasy. Growing up, I devoured anything by Enid Blyton, Joan Aiken, and Ursula Le Guinn but it was C.S Lewis who I found particularly inspirational. I’m not embarrassed to admit that even now, I’d love to find a portal to Narnia.

I also love Jane Austen’s style. The way she uses dialogue to really show the characters’ personalities is often hilarious and always brilliant.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write?

When I was a child, I always had very vivid dreams, and sometimes I’d share the more epic ones with my brother. They would really make us laugh and he’d comment about what an active imagination I had. (He probably meant weird). At some point he suggested that I write some of them down and I did, with a bit of embellishment. I guess that’s how it started.

 


The Jezebels of Bedlam, by L.E. Glazbrook.

An urban fantasy paranormal mystery thriller with romance, suspense, shape shifters, gargoyles, and a baffled detective...     

Can YOU see the TUNNEL? It's cloaked in dark magic, conjured to connect the popular nightclub, BEDLAM to the bordello, JEZEBELS...

Perhaps it is best if you do not find it... People have gone missing... never to be seen, again.

An innocent girl, Rosemonde finds herself naked and shackled... without hope - and yet...

Warriors - among them fae, elves, werewolves, and gargoyles, are aware of the evil that she has suffered and are ready to fight with her, against it.

They traverse portals through the mists of time to the realm of Tweldor - rumoured to have been created by the noble survivors of Atlantis...

These Warriors' heroic deeds are legendary. Soon humans too, will hear their stories.

So begin the Chronicles of Tweldor...

The Jezebels of Bedlam is Book 1 in The Chronicles of Tweldor Urban Fantasy Series. Available know on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/author/leglazebrook

 


The Daughters Return, by L.E. Glazebrook

Like a lot of people, Theodora thought she had finally found love... But that was before the creatures in her mind found her. They whisper that love is not real and she is listening. 

The evil voices have driven her to a place of darkness from which she may never return. The thing is… this isn't just her problem anymore. 

Theodora discovers that her fiancĂ© Myrddin has been trapped in the very place that she is struggling to avoid. To free him from a coma caused by dark magic, Theodora must journey to Limbo, where Abraxas, the demon they call the "reaper of minds" performs macabre experiments... 

If she fails, Abraxas will trap her in Limbo with Myrddin - both of them insane - probably forever. 

Could you do it? Would you go out of your mind for love? “Love conquers all,” right? But... if love is enough to make everything right, then why is a Dragonlord's daughter choosing to remain in Limbo? 

Time may heal a broken heart but how do you persuade a broken mind to return to the world that broke it? 

The Daughters Return is Book 2 in The Chronicles of Tweldor Urban Fantasy Series. Available know on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/author/leglazebrook

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/