Sunday, March 28, 2021

Katherine H. Brown talks to us about Love on the Rink and Rest, Relax & Run For Your Life

 


 Welcome to cozy and romance author Katherine H. Brown!


Katherine H. Brown is a Texas author with a love of reading and chocolate chip ice cream. Book lover and weaver of words, Katherine always has several projects going at one time but is most recently occupied with a new baby born April 2020. Katherine loves to hear from readers and often gets input from them through newsletter polls to help choose character names or book titles.

Social Media:

www.katherinebrownbooks.com

www.instagram.com/katherinebrownkatie

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18681694.Katherine_Brown

https://www.bookbub.com/authors/katherine-h-brown

https://www.facebook.com/katherinebrownkatieauthor/

https://www.amazon.com/Katherine-Brown/e/B078J72H8M

Newsletter sign ups: https://mailchi.mp/3ed2f71e303c/kbbnewsletterbookishinfo

What would you say are your strengths as an author?

I would say my strengths as an author are 1) neverending flow of story ideas and 2) strong characters / voice. Creating and being the characters as I write is really one of my favorite parts.

How often do you write, and do you write using a strict routine?

This year, I’m working on getting back into a stricter routine. My baby girl was born April 2020 so I took basically 8 ½ months off – some willingly and others out of necessity because for the longest she absolutely wouldn’t nap without being held and I had zero time for anything, not even a shower lol. Now, at almost a year, she takes a nice morning nap and I focus as hard as possible on my writing during that time 5 to 6 days a week. Because it is a short time frame, I’m planning to release more novellas this year and return to full length novels sometime when she is older and we have a more structured routine with independent play.

Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer?

Five years from now, I hope to be releasing two to four novels per year and to have improved in tightening up my writing style so that a very low level of edits are needed. I also hope to be earning enough from my author life to help pay some of our bills, which at this point is not where my income level is yet.

If you could offer once piece of advice to a novice writer, what would it be?

Do not stop writing. I took several years where I believed what everyone said about it not being possible to earn a living or break into publishing etc. And I don’t regret them, necessarily, but I wish I had continued to write and build up stories so that when I learned more about how to go about publishing my books I had more of them to release right away.

What would you consider to be the best compliment a reader could give your book?

The best compliment that I can think of is when a reader says, “will there be another one?”

What are you working on now?

I just wrapped up the Ooey Gooey Bakery Cozy Mystery series as well as a short clean romance novella, Love on the Rink. For the rest of 2021, my plans are to work on a holiday historical cozy mystery for a Christmas anthology, and to write a wonderful book that has been brewing in my brain for years about a librarian and a journey to Ireland to save a beautiful little village that she didn’t know she was connected to. Stay tuned!

 


LOVE ON THE RINK (sweet romance novella)

Macy can't believe she picked up and moved from Texas to Minnesota with so little thought. Especially as she shovels snow from her driveway. Again. She wasn't prepared for weather like this.

Her first day in her new job as a nurse at Warren High School, Macy realized she wasn't prepared for walking on an ice rink or dealing with the attitude of the school's hockey coach, Kirk Wilson either.

Can Macy find what it takes to settle into her new life?

 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WJH3HV9



REST, RELAX, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE (Ooey Gooey Bakery cozy mystery book

Two best friends & a bakery!

Piper and Samantha are in heaven. Well, close. More like a long weekend at the O Heavenly Day Spa.

A few mysterious notes start appearing everywhere, things get uncomfortable. As spa treatments go awry things get dangerous. A threatening message convinces Piper and Sam that they have to find out who is behind all of these disasters. When the smoke alarms go off and the spa erupts into panic, the chaos separates the friends and Piper stumbles into trouble. Will someone help her before it is too late?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P1P5N2K 

Also audiobook: https://www.audible.com/pd/Rest-Relax-Run-for-Your-Life-Audiobook/B088G27S7P

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/