Friday, August 6, 2021

Shane K Morton talks about The Drag Queen Detective Series

 



I met Shane virtually on a Cozy Mystery forum on facebook and loved his book covers as well as his tagline: If Jessica Fletcher were a Fabulous Drag Queen! I'm thrlled to host him on Escape With a Writer!


Shane K Morton lives in Studio city with his husband and their fur babies, Bette Davis and Izzie Gillespie. His novels include: The Drag Queen Detective Series, The Trouble With Off-Campus Housing, Private Waterloos, The Year of the Cock, Fault Lines, Bluegrass Boys Series and The Point Pleasant Holiday Series. His Dark Romance books, written under Sean Azinsalt, include: It’s in My Blood, Bound, and Dark Eros.  When not writing, Shane can usually be found at a film festival or performing cabaret in a dark dive bar.

Join Shane’s Facebook Group- Sweet And Salty

Follow him on Bookbub-  Shane K. Morton Books - BookBub
Instagram- Shane K Morton (@shanemortonauthor) • Instagram photos and videos
TikTok- ShaneMortonAuthor (@shanemortonauthor) TikTok | Watch ShaneMortonAuthor's Newest TikTok Videos

Amazon- Amazon.com: Shane K Morton: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

What is your latest release?

Himbos, Homicide and Heels (Book #3- Drag Queen Detective) released in June. It’s a fun whodunnit inspired by Agatha Christie and of course, Murder She Wrote. The tagline for the series is, Murder She Wrote-With a Drag Queen, and its fun, witty, a little snarky and full of mystery and fabulousness!

What are you working on now?

I write in a lot of genres. I have my cozy mystery series (which is going to spin off in the fall) and I also write YA and romance. My next book is called, The Diamond Dandy (Tin Star Witches #4- Beyond Ruby Gulch) and is in a world set in the wild west of America in the 1800’s. Cowboy Witches! I was excited to be asked to be a part of it.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write?

I’ve written my entire life. I’ve had a couple plays I wrote that were produced, and have been working on a musical for the last decade. My husband is a teacher and together we wrote a few TV show pitches and pilots when we moved to LA. He inspires me, and makes sure that I get the time I need throughout the day to work on my WIP. He’s also great to bounce ideas off of and comes up with a bunch of my titles.

What would you say are your strengths as an author?

I love the dialogue that I write. Coming from the world of theatre, dialogue has always been of utmost importance to me. I also think I work outside the box well. My plots are quite twisty!

How often do you write, and do you write using a strict routine?

I write (almost) every day. I do give myself at least 1 day off a week to recharge. I like to write at night, mostly, but if the mood strikes, I can write on my phone if I need to. I’m a Gemini, so strict routines don’t really work well for me. I can’t force myself to sit and write, it has to want to come out.

Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer?

I would love for writing to be the only job that I have. I would love to see my cozies and my Hallmark(ish) series being made into TV shows/movies, and given a chance to work on those scripts. I also want to be happy. So as long as writing makes me happy, I will continue doing it, no matter what!

 

Men Murder and Makeup (Drag Queen Detective #1)

mybook.to/DragQueenDetectiveCozy

Murder is a Drag.

Victor has a secret identity, and she’s being framed for murder.

Murder She Wrote… If Jessica Fletcher were a Fabulous Drag Queen

The mayors been murdered and everyone is on edge and reclusive mystery author Vicki Dean is the prime suspect.

Can Victor clear her name without revealing his secret identity?

Will the hunky new sheriff help Victor prove Vicki's innocence or be a threat to not only his freedom but also his heart?

Victor must let go of his fear and step out of the shadows in his high heels and lipstick to solve this mystery as only a drag queen can.

His life depends on it!

 


Divas Death and Drag (Drag Queen Detective #2)

mybook.to/dragdetectivecozy2

A drag pageant where winning means not dying.

Maple Bay is hosting the Ms. Gay West Coast Pageant and Victor’s drag queen persona Raven Ronelle is the emcee and organizer. It’s a huge event for the town and everyone is excited. For someone, excitement means murder.

As the drag queens suffer multiple attempts on their life, Victor enlists the help of his best friend and his boyfriend, Sheriff Hottie, to sleuth out the truth.

As they place themselves in the crosshairs of the killer, they find that they’re not the only ones investigating. Unexpected help comes from drag queen reality star Ursula Moolay.

It’s a race against the clock to find out who wants the crown enough to commit murder.

Murder She Wrote… if Jessica Fletcher were a drag queen.

 


 Himbos Homicide and Heels (Drag Queen Detective #3)

mybook.to/DragDetectiveCozy3

Hollywood is calling and they want Vicki Dean to play the part of victim!

Powerful Hollywood agent and producer Marcus Montrose has invited Vicki Dean and her friends to a remote chateau in the Northern California mountains. As soon as they arrive a blizzard cuts them off from the rest of the world.

Trapped with some of Hollywood’s greatest stars sounds like fun, until the first body is found. It’s a race against the clock to discover which of the guests might be a murderer.

With her boyfriend Harper Wolfe in tow, she takes it on herself to solve the mystery. If she doesn’t, she or one of her friends may be next. Can she get the Himbos and starlets to reveal their secrets before it's too late?

The only thing she hates more than a dead body, is being stuck in drag for 48 hours!




1 comment:

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/