Friday, April 1, 2022

Introducing Gary McGugan's new release A Slippery Shadow

 


Welcome back to my good friend and inspiration, Gary McGugan!



I've always liked to read and tell stories but was also a captive of the corporate world for more than forty years. Anyone who has lived life at the senior levels of large companies knows there's little time for a writing career, and it took retirement from that world to launch a new pursuit. My first book was a work of non-fiction – NEEDS Selling Solutions – co-authored with my friend Jeff Allen. From that positive experience, I learned that writing a book is a challenge, but not an insurmountable one! So I set out to use my travel and life experiences as a foundation for entertaining suspense thrillers, using the backdrop of a large corporation for my tales of intrigue. Since my 2016 debut story, Three Weeks Less a Day, I've released a new novel each year. My sixth, A Slippery Shadow, hits the bookshelves April 1, 2022.

 

Currently, I’m completing a 2-year term as Co-Chair the Writers' Community of York Region - a vibrant collection of writers from all genres supporting one another and improving our craft. We number almost 100 members and welcome membership from our area and beyond. Many events we hold are virtual, making it easy to become a member and benefit from the collegiality of the group and knowledge of our expert presenters. Check us out here: https://wcyork.ca/

 

Experts say we should write about things we know best. In my case, those subjects are business, travel, and people. As an author, my goal is to share some experiences, insight, and views as I create suspense stories designed to entertain people worldwide -- one reader at a time.

 

Here are links to my website and social media pages:

Gary D. McGugan Website: www.garydmcguganbooks.com

Subscribe to Gary’s VIP Readers List: https://www.subscribepage.com/garydmcgugan

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/gary.d.mcgugan.books

Twitter:  @GaryDMcGugan  

Instagram: Authorgarydmcgugan

LinkedIn: https://tinyurl.com/rmbhfzer


How many hours a day do you write?

I use my three most productive hours to write—from nine ‘til noon every day.


What is your favorite childhood book?

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. I think reading the tale of his escapades along the Mississippi River instilled a passion for exploring the unknown that stimulates my love of travel to this day.


What is the most difficult part of your artistic process?

One year ago, I would have told you I found editing the most challenging aspect of writing. I no longer feel that way as I made a conscious decision to treat editing as an opportunity rather than a task, and now love the process of making my stories better. The most difficult remaining challenge? I’m still a two-finger typist on the keyboard. You can imagine the challenges that creates!


Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer?

Five years is a very short window when you reach my age! With luck, there will be more stories. How many is difficult to predict.


How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

None. When I start a novel, I focus on that work exclusively and finish it completely before starting another.


Was there a person who encouraged you to write?

For many years, my wife Linda, maintained that writing would be a good outlet for my creative imagination. She’s still one of my best critics and ardent supporters.

 


A SLIPPERY SHADOW

 

Snatched from her private jet, crime-boss Fidelia Morales barely escapes with her life. Now she wants revenge. But her gang of criminals is thrown into chaos as dozens of key operatives suddenly disappear.

 

Howard Knight - Fidelia's former lover and accomplice in her latest heist - walks free from the same plane only to flee in a desperate quest to escape The Organization. He too is hounded by menacing encounters.

 

Both become entangled with massive Multima Corporation led by Suzanne Simpson. Amid a global pandemic, this powerful CEO scrambles to fill crucial executive roles while dealing with bizarre threats and mysterious interferences on three continents. All seem connected and threaten her empire.

 

With breath-taking reach and bewildering influence, is it possible an unseen and elusive Shadow can pull strings to manipulate people, companies, criminal organizations and governments?

 

https://www.garydmcguganbooks.com/store/p16/A_Slippery_Shadow.html

 


THREE WEEKS LESS A DAY

 

JOHN GEORGE MORTIMER IS AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME.

 

As CEO of Multima Corporation, he must find a successor quickly.

Launching a competition among his most senior executives to find

the one who shines—one his board of directors will approve—

seems like a good idea. It should be an uneventful exercise.

But the plan unravels almost immediately.

 

Threats from organized crime, sexual misadventures and personal

tragedy complicate his efforts. Instead of overseeing a predictable

60-day exercise in skillful leadership, John George finds himself

embroiled in a chaotic series of events that unfold dramatically

in Three Weeks Less a Day.

 

How quickly things can change at the highest levels! And how easily lives can crumple in pursuit of power and control.

 

This fast-paced and suspenseful novel of corporate intrigue takes you inside the lives of high-powered executives and the lengths they will go to achieve results.

 

https://www.garydmcguganbooks.com/store/p5/Three_Weeks_Less_a_Day_-_Paperback.html

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/