Sunday, October 9, 2022

Vijaya Schartz launches her newest book Angel Ship, Blue Phantom Book 1

 


Welcome to prolific author, adventurer, and cat lover, 

Vijaya Schartz!


Award-winning author Vijaya Schartz never conformed to anything and could never refuse a challenge. She writes strong heroines, brave heroes, and cats. She likes action and exotic settings, in life and on the page. She traveled the world and claims she must be a time traveler, since she writes with the same ease about the far past and the far future. With thirty-three titles published, Vijaya Schartz writes action adventure laced with sensuality and suspense, in exotic, medieval, or futuristic settings. Her books collected many five-star reviews and literary awards. She makes you believe you actually lived these extraordinary adventures among her characters.

Find Vijaya here:

Vijaya Schartz, author 
Strong heroines, brave heroes, cats, Romance with a Kick
http://www.vijayaschartz.com  
http://www.amazon.com/author/vijayaschartz  
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/vijaya-schartz  
https://www.facebook.com/vijaya.schartz  
https://twitter.com/Vijayaschartz 

Tell us about your life outside of writing.

I currently live in Glendale, Arizona, where it’s hot and dry. I like the desert heat. Over the years, I’ve traveled the world, lived in France, in India, in Hawaii, Florida… I was a surfer and an Aikido Black Belt. Now, I practice yoga and meditation… I also practice and teach Tai-Chi… and I watch a lot of movies… for the storytelling.

Do you have a work in progress?

I always have a work in progress. Right now, it’s the second book in the Blue Phantom series, ANGEL GUARDIAN, scheduled for release next year in October. I’m still in the brainstorming and character defining stage, and the story is slowly taking shape. There will also be a big cat (or two) in that book.

What was the most difficult section/piece you ever wrote? What made it difficult?

My best friend died in France while I lived in an Ashram in India. He was twenty-six. For over a decade, as I lived faraway, I didn’t deal with his death, until it hit me one day, and I wrote a poem about it. I cried for days. But it was very cathartic.

What sort of research do you do for your work?

It depends on what I’m writing. When I was writing a series of Celtic legends, I did intensive historical research, from the Viking invasions in Scotland to the Crusades in the Middle-East. For science fiction and fantasy, I keep abreast of the current research and space exploration sciences, to make sure my stories are believable. As for the fantasy element in my stories, as Isaac Azimov once said, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”

Which books and authors do you read for pleasure? Is there an author who inspires you? 

As an avid reader, I loved Marion Zimmer Bradley’s strong heroines and Anne Mc Caffrey’s Dragons of Pern series. I read Tolkien, Frank Herbert (Dune). Early in my writing career, I came upon Linnea Sinclair’s books. She is a pioneer of Science Fiction romance, two genres which, until then, didn’t really mesh. I was hooked on her Dock Five series. I loved the books and the new trend, and I have written many sci-fi romances since then. But I also had the pleasure of interviewing famous authors when I hosted a radio show about writing. I was a fan of Diana Gabaldon (the Outlander series), and I have the fondest memories of her. She is a talented author and a very gracious guest.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write? 

As a child, I was writing poetry in first grade. I was an avid reader. My teachers all encouraged me to write, but one in particular was a mentor. I produced many poems and essays, and later travel journals. One of my boyfriends, who was an editor for a famous newspaper in Paris, also encouraged me to write… but I wasn’t ready. I thought I didn’t have much to say, for lack of experience. That’s when I started my travels. My first book out was “ASHES FOR THE ELEPHANT GOD” straight from my experience in India. It was well received and gave me the confidence I needed to continue writing and expand into other genres.



New release: ANGEL SHIP – Blue Phantom Book One

Buy link: https://books2read.com/Angel-Ship

The Blue Phantom glows like a beacon in black space, appears and vanishes, and never registers on scanners. Rumors say it will save the righteous, the oppressed, and the downtrodden… and slay the unworthy without mercy. The space pirates fear it. Their victims pray for it… but its help comes at a price…

Desperate to save her people from the Marauders swarming her space freighter, Kefira prays for a miracle. Blake Volkov, legendary captain of the Blue Phantom hears her plea and deems her and her refugees worthy of his help. Grateful for the rescue, Kefira finds his price shocking. But despite his glowing wings, handsome looks and impressive abilities, Blake admits he is no angel… although Kefira’s feline bodyguard strongly disagrees.


Meanwhile, an old enemy bent on revenge unleashed an unspeakable evil on the galaxy. Time to face past mistakes… time for innocent blood to flow. Nothing prepared Kefira for the upheaval ahead.

Can Blake find redemption? Can Kefira save her people? Can she ever trust and love again?


2021 release: ANGEL BRAVE – Azura Chronicles Book Three

Buy link: https://books2read.com/Angel-Brave

Keoke Mahoe slips through the forbidden planet’s impenetrable defenses to deliver a perilous message. But Lady Valoria fiercely protects Azura. Any intruder, especially one who kills for food, is promptly terminated.
While Valoria admires Keoke’s uncanny ability to cheat death, she cannot trust a spy. What he suggests is unthinkable... and could throw the galaxy into chaos. Yet, could he be telling the truth? She appreciates his audacity, his noble heart, and his smile… to the chagrin of Eris the Amazon, her best friend, bodyguard, and would-be lover.

But in the farthest confines of the galaxy, an old enemy is rising again. People are sacrificed by blood and fire on unholy altars. Malevolent armies are assembling, and this time, even Azura's Avenging Angels may not be able to stop the onslaught of darkness upon all civilized life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/