Friday, December 2, 2022

Kay Dee launches her new novel The Entrapment

 


I was fortunate to meet Kay at a local author event and am currently reading her book.

Definitely an eye-opener!

Hello my name is Kay Dee. My most important role is being a mom to my young daughter. I enjoy sports however my all time favourite is soccer. I was a police officer for ten years and went through a very tumultuous time which included varies levels of the criminal justice system. I am a first time author and truly I don’t consider myself an “author” like most. I wrote my book “The Entrapment” as a means of closure. It was intended to put my negative experience behind me, get things off my chest, and ultimately sooth my soul, which is exactly what it did. I consider my book to be raw and personal, opposed to polished and refined like some of the other more experienced professional authors. My book helped me in my healing process, and if I can interest others through sharing my experiences then I am happy to do so. 



THE ENTRAPMENT

An integrity play designed to bring down a decorated, enthusiastic police officer, a "partner" put in place to turn her professional and personal life on its head. The Entrapment pulls back the veil on the known and unknown parts of policing culture, women on the force and the criminal justice system. Putting a spotlight on the bias within the force and the emotional and financial toll one must endure to prove their innocence in a crooked system. Join Kay Dee on her journey from childhood calling, to dream fulfilled, culminating in a legal battle through the criminal justice system as she sought vindication of her innocence.

My book can be found on Amazon or through me directly. Here is the amazon link to purchase my book if you should be interested in joining me on journey and seeking vindication.  

https://www.amazon.ca/Entrapment-Kay-Dee/dp/B0BLFR2JR4/

Are you working on a future book?

No I am not working on any future books at the moment. This book was written bc of a very lengthy and personal hardship. And while I have overcame it now I truly hope I never have to live through something like this again.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write?

I had people along the way during my struggles who I would vent to regarding my frustrations in the criminal justice system who “jokingly” said I should write a book bc it would make one hell of a story. In the end I did end up writing a book however I did it for myself. Other then 1-2 very selective people I kept my book a secret during my two years of writing as I wasn’t sure where it would lead. However those people did say that I should continue and follow through as my story needs to be told and should be shared.

What would you say are your strengths as an author?

I would say my strengths as an author are writing from the soul. I write from a place of hardship and passion. I lived all these experiences and re lived them while writing. I felt the pain again, the frustrations, and shed the tears again like it were happening all over again.

Five years from now, where do you see yourself?

In five years from now I see myself doing the same. Which for some may not be exciting but for me it’s where I like to be.

During my ten year struggle in the criminal justice system I fought hard to be where I am now. I am proud of how far I have come and where I am today. I happy with my current job, I love being there for my daughter , volunteering at her school events and being a coach to her soccer team. I wrote this book which has allowed me to put this awful experience behind me and move on. So in 5 years even if nothing changes I’m perfectly happy where I am today. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Just wow !! What a sad story, full of hardships and strength

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolute read is a must. It shows this can happen to anyone. The strength she has and had is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very proud of this young woman….her strength and determination is an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/