Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Susie Black has a great new release, Death by Pins and Needles!

 


Welcome back to a really talented author, Susie Black! I'm so happy to hear about this new book and hope you check it out!!


Named Best US Author of the Year by N. N. Lights Book Heaven, award-winning cozy mystery author Susie Black was born in the Big Apple but now calls sunny Southern California home. Like the protagonist in her Holly Swimsuit Mystery Series, Susie is a successful apparel sales executive. Susie began telling stories as soon as she learned to talk. Now she’s telling all the stories from her garment industry experiences in humorous mysteries.

She reads, writes, and speaks Spanish, albeit with an accent that sounds like Mildred from Michigan went on a Mexican vacation and is trying to fit in with the locals. Since life without pizza and ice cream as her core food groups wouldn’t be worth living, she’s a dedicated walker to keep her girlish figure. A voracious reader, she’s also an avid stamp collector. Susie lives with a highly intelligent man and has one incredibly brainy but smart-aleck adult son who inexplicably blames his sarcasm on an inherited genetic defect.

Looking for more? Contact Susie at:

Website: www.authorsusieblack.com

E-mail: mysteries_@authorsusieblack.com

How many hours a day do you write?

SUSIE: I don’t have a set daily schedule or number of hours a day to write. I try hard to write at least something every day, but candidly, life often gets in the way of the best laid plans…That said, I can tell you that I almost NEVER write in the morning. I am a night owl, and often do my most productive writing late into the wee hours.

What is your favorite childhood book?

SUSIE: Hands down, all the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books. Followed by the biography of Amelia Earhart. I credit my love of these books with my becoming a cozy mystery author. I’ve always been the curious sort. My parents would attest that I asked nonstop questions and that how and why, rather than mommy and daddy, were my first spoken words. Some narrowminded folks would say I am nosy…go figure.

What inspired you to write your latest book?

SUSIE: Like the protagonist in my Holly Swimsuit Mystery Series, I was a successful ladies’ swimwear sales exec in the Los Angeles garment center. From the beginning of my career, I kept a daily journal and chronicled the interesting and sometimes challenging people I encountered as well as all the crazy situations I got myself into and out of. My journal is the source of all my writing and all my characters are based on real people I knew. I was inspired to write Death by Pins and Needles, my latest book, by a conversation I had with an apparel colleague about a pain in the patootie swimwear showroom manager in the California Apparel Mart that everyone in our industry would not have minded knocking off. LOL.

Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer?

SUSIE: Beyond elbowing Janet Evanovich out of her #1position, I see myself as an author who has successfully made her mark in the humorous cozy mystery genre as well as one who has exceeded beyond her reach into collateral as well as different genres. In addition to continuing my current series, I see myself having penned a YA series prequel to The Holly Swimsuit Mystery Series with Holly as a high school amateur sleuth. I see a new mystery series not in the apparel industry as well as a fictionalized version of the true story of a group of Jewish men who collected money from their synagogue congregations and got the New York Jewish mafia to buy and smuggle arms and ammunition into the Warsaw Ghetto during WWII.

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

SUSIE: I have four contracted, unpublished books that will all be released this year. Death by Pins and Needles, the second book in my series, will be published February 15th. The other three are slated to be released ninety days apart from then. I have one half-finished book that candidly should have been completed by now but kept getting pushed to the back of the line. I am determined to finish writing and submitting it to my editor by the end of this year.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write?

SUSIE: Yes, my nana encouraged me to write. In fact, it was she who suggested I keep that daily journal. Nana was convinced that the reason I got into the rag business is because I was destined to write about it. Turns out, she was spot on. Somewhere out in the great beyond, I am sure Nana is smiling. 



DEATH BY PINS AND NEEDLES

Who wanted Lissa Charney dead? The list was as long as your arm….but which one actually killed her? The last thing Mermaid Swimwear sales exec Holly Schlivnik expected to find when she opened the closet door was nasty competitor Lissa Charney’s battered corpse nailed to the wall. When Holly’s colleague is wrongly arrested for Lissa’s murder, the wise-cracking, irreverent amateur sleuth sticks her nose everywhere it doesn’t belong to sniff out the real killer. Nothing turns out the way she thinks it will as Holly matches wits with a heartless killer hellbent for revenge.

Buy Links:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Death-Needles-Holly-Swimsuit-Mystery-ebook/dp/B0BPLHRWJ7

Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/death-by-pins-and-needles-susie-black/1142836329?ean=9781509246779

Book Bub: https://www.bookbub.com/search?search=Death+by+Pins+and+Needles

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/search?q=Death+by+Pins+and+Needles&qid=GqIgEv6TpY



DEATH BY SAMPLE SIZE

The last thing swimwear sales exec Holly Schlivnik expected was to discover ruthless buying office big wig Bunny Frank’s corpse trussed up like a Thanksgiving turkey with a bikini stuffed down her throat. When Holly’s colleague is arrested for Bunny’s murder, the wise-cracking, irreverent amateur sleuth jumps into action to find the real killer.  Nothing turns out the way Holly thinks it will as she matches wits with a wily killer hellbent for revenge.

Buy Links:

Amazon.com  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093F24T3F?ref_=dbs_m_mng_rwt_calw_tkin_0&storeType=ebooks


1 comment:

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/