Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Welcome to author Liam Leddy, author of the Lassiter Glasgow crime novels!

 


Welcome to author Liam Leddy, author of the Lassiter Glasgow crime novels!


I am a born and bred Glaswegian. I write my crime fiction novels and short story collections from personal experience of the Glasgow of the late 1960s/early 1970s. Glasgow was an extremely dangerous place then with career criminals merging with huge territorial street gangs. Career criminals until then had generally avoided harming innocent citizens because it drew unwelcome police attention. The street gangs however were different and would attack anyone for no valid reason whatsoever. That then is the background to my writing.

My website is www.liamleddy.com and I appear on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google of course. My principal outlet for my books is Amazon and Amazon Kindle. However, they also sell through Smashwords, Payhip, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, and appear virtually everywhere on the net. For purchase of all my books, the easiest quickest way is direct from my Amazon author page.

Do your characters come before or after your plot?

My characters introduce the main and varied sub-plots through authentic Glasgow street dialogue.

How do you choose a villain and how do you make them human?

My villains-and there are quite a few – come from personal experience of living in the era I write about. I have met people like these. I observe life very well and that is where all my characters come from. Many compliments for really authentic characters. Such as “I felt as though I knew these people.” “I felt like a fly on the wall” etc.

Do your reading choices reflect your writing choices?

Yes. Strangely enough, my favorite writers tend to be American. James Lee Burke, Stephen King, and of course Robert B Parker and C.J. Box. An endless list really.

Which type of characters are your favorite to write?

Soft-hearted villains. Killers, yes, but only of villains worse than they are and definitely not as deadly.

What are you working on now?

At present, I am working on my 5th Lassiter Glasgow crime fiction novel.

What sort of research do you do for your work?

For my novels, long term memory mostly. As previously stated I lived through the era I write about. Additional research Google itself is amazing and public libraries I just love public libraries.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/