Friday, April 7, 2023

Katie O'Conner launches The Creative Career Planning Workbook for Authors

 


I'm thrilled to share my friend Katie's new book, The Creative Career Planning Workbook for Authors! I can't wait to get my hands on this one!!



Katie O’Connor lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She married her high school sweetheart and is living her happily ever after with her childhood sweetheart.

She’s dabbled in writing since high school because something drives her to create stories. She swears that it’s impossible for her NOT to write. Unsatisfied with one genre, Katie writes contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and light paranormal romance. She writes under three pen names and has 33 titles to her name with more coming soon.

She's a huge believer in helping other authors up and mentors several authors.

She believes in all things magical; including dragons, fairies, UFOs, ghosts, and house pixies. But most of all she believes in love, romance, and hope.

She lives life with humor, sarcasm, and copious quantities of caffeine. 

Links:

Email: katie@katieohwrites.com

Mailchimp Signup: http://eepurl.com/Q2nRr

Website:  https://katieohwrites.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/katieohwrites

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/katie-o-connor

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/katieohwrites/

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5362469.Katie_O_Connor

Katie's Kittens: https://www.facebook.com/groups/345891595596122

Link Tree: https://linktr.ee/katieohwrites

Sweet and sassy. Small town romance.

Website: https://katieohwrites.com/

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/katieohwrites


Why did you write your latest book?

I wrote my Creative Career Planning Workbook because I wanted to give back to the writing community who helped me on my way up.

Dozens, if not hundreds of authors have given me advice. Recently, while mentoring an author, I realized that I could put some of what I learned down in a book to share with others.

I've taken my own creative way of thinking and cobbled together a book about identifying your idea of success and how to build the steps to get there. It includes charts, questions, diagrams, and doodle pages to set your imagination free.

Most importantly, there is joy in giving back to the writing community.

I wrote my latest romance because I can't help myself. I'm a sucker for a great love story and when they come to me, I have to put them down on paper.

What would you say your strengths are as an author?

My strengths as an author include being able to write a heartwarming story that leaves a positive impact on my readers.

I write darn good dialog and realistic male characters.

What would you consider to be the best compliment a reader could give your book?

The best compliment I could get from a reader is that I touched their heart or gave them hope.

Here are a couple quotes from reader emails about the power of my words. I cried happy tears when I read these.

Your words have the power to heal a heart, stir memories and give people hope. ~ S. Sharp

Keep up the great writing. It helped me through my loss. Reminded me of all the good times spent with and falling in love throughout the years with my soul mate. ~ V. Norris

What are you working on now?

Right now, my primary focus is working on book 4 of my Heart's Haven series. This one is Nick's story, he's a jokester who falls for a very serious military veteran. She steals his heart and falls for him against her better judgement.

I'm also working on a nonfiction book about my life in rural Alberta and some of the redneck things I've done and seen.

As always, I have at least a dozen books I'm working on at all times. I switch between them when I get stuck on my primary project.

Which books and authors do you read for pleasure? Is there an author that inspires you?

Pleasure reading. Oh gosh, this is a tough one. I love Jennifer Snow, Roxy Boroughs, Jessie Gussman. Diane Bator, A.M. Westerling, and Kelly Moran. Honestly, since I read for at least an hour every day, I have more favorite authors than I could possibly name. For Sci-Fi, I love Robert Heinlein. For dragons, Anne McCaffrey. I've recently discovered new author Audrey Karnes who writes a really cute com-com.

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

I have about twenty finished books that will never be published. They're just too bad. I read them and wonder what in the world I was thinking.

I also have about a dozen books I'm actively working on. This includes a life planning workbook, two poetry volumes, a book about building positivity in your life, a whack of romances, two cozy mysteries and some books on spirituality. My computer memory is burdened with dozens of files of story idea's I've written down but haven't gotten to yet.

Yes, my mind wanders. A lot.

BOOKS:



The Creative Career Planning Workbook for Authors:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1989816274

Pull your author career together with this revolutionary workbook.

Are you tired of reading dull as dishwater books about organizing your writing career?
Are you looking for career planning help that doesn’t put you to sleep or make your head spin? Does your logical brain interfere with your creative brain?
If this describes you, and if you’re looking for a revolutionary approach to planning your writing career, this workbook is for you. We’re going to color and doodle our way to the perfect career plan. The plan that suits you.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a long-time author or a beginner. You might be highly productive; you might just have a few stories to tell. Whoever and whatever you are, there is an ideal career path for you and best-selling romance author Katie O'Connor will guide you there.





A Lesson In Love

Coyote Creek Book 1.

https://books2read.com/u/b6RzjZ

Fall in love along with the uniquely entertaining residents of Coyote Creek. They're sure to steal your heart and bring you smiles, laughter, and tears. A contemporary, small-town romance series centered around The Flint family, their ranch, their friends and neighbors. A romantic series of stand alone romances.

Fired from her job and accused of a crime she has not committed, Tricia Paxton retreats to Coyote Creek to recover from trauma and rebuild her career. Though she shields herself from the past, her secrets challenge new relationships, and her new position as an elementary school teacher further complicates personal boundaries when an eye-catching stranger requires lessons of his own. Carefree bachelor, Riley Flint, has problems, too. While focusing on building a veterinary practice, his plans grind to a halt when a daughter he has never known enters his life. Accepting the troublesome news that the mother has passed away and her maternal grandparents cannot offer their care, he assumes the responsibility of raising his daughter. But he has little experience with children and the girl needs more instruction than a man can give, so Riley approaches the new teacher for help. Who knew a daughter to Riley and a student to Tricia would spark joy and conflict in a couple’s life? Daisy might complicate their romance, but Riley’s family urges him to embrace his new life as a father and welcome both Daisy and Tricia into his heart. Can love find common ground and unite a family or will Tricia’s past tear them apart?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/