Wednesday, May 31, 2023

A Bit of Disruption While I Move

 


ROAD TRIP!

My life has taken a bit of a turn lately and is currently mostly in boxes.

I've decided to return to Alberta where I was born and raised and take my two lovely kitties - aka The Hallellujah Choir - with me. So here I am at the age of 54 getting rid of everything by my cherished possessions, quitting my job (Last day today!) and moving across the country with my cats.

Jazz and Ash aren't too sure what's going on. They know what the boxes mean but have no idea they'll be spending 4 nights in hotels and moving to a new home.

Over the past two months, I've been scurrying to find a place to live and a new car. Why the car? I've been locked out 4 times by a short in the wiring and ended up crawling in through the trunk, setting off the alarm system, and driving across town with the horn blaring. Not fun! The last time, I gave in. I called a friend whose son works for a local dealership and got a great new car!! One I feel safe and comfortable in AND has a bit more space for all the books I'm taking on my move.

Happy to say all the pieces have been falling into place. Even a great new job on the horizon that I will share once I have more information. May need to get a part time gig for a while, but that's nothing I haven't done before. I'll definitely keep writing books. Editing books. All the fun marketing stuff that goes along with being a writer!

So, the blog will be sketchy for the next couple week while I move and get settled. I'll try to keep up and let you all know how things are going!

In the meantime, I have a few more great lunches, dinners, coffees and so on with amazing friends I've made since we moved here in 2005. Orangeville is definitely a fabulous place and I leave knowing that I will come back to visit - and do a book launch for the fantasy novel I'm writing with my dear friend, Gary!!

One thing I have come to enjoy is meeting and spending time with other fantastic writers and I look forward to meeting many more. I've been very blessed during my time here even if it didn't feel that way at the time. Sometimes it takes leaving somewhere to find out how many really good friends and experiencies you have had. 

For today, I'm off to work for my last day at Theatre Orangeville - which has been a huge learning experience!! Then home to do more packing, scanning, and so on. Also a little daydreaming about my new place and where I'll set up my office/writing nook.

Have a fantastic day! Much more to come!!

Diane (and the Hallelujah Choir!)

1 comment:

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/