Friday, May 5, 2023

Ann Simas launches her newest book Fortune's Cookie



Welcome back to the talented Ann Simas!



Ann Simas lives in Eugene, Oregon, but she is a Colorado girl at heart, having grown up in the Rocky Mountains. An avid word-lover since childhood, she penned her first fiction “book” in high school. The author of 42 novels, one novella, and one short-story collection, she particularly likes to write a mix of mystery/thriller/suspense, with a love story and sometimes, paranormal or supernatural elements. 

In addition to being a three-time Romance Writers of Amer­ica Golden Heart Finalist, Ann is also an award-winning watercolorist and budding photographer who enjoys doing needlework in her spare time. She is her family’s “genealogist” and has been blessed with the opportunity to conduct first-hand research in Italy for both her writing and her family tree. The genealogy research from century’s-old documents, written in Italian, has been a supreme but gratifying and exciting challenge for her.

Website and Social Media Links

 

Website        https://annsimas.com

Facebook      https://www.facebook.com/Ann-Simas-Author-410011319127684/

BookBub       https://www.bookbub.com/authors/ann-simas

Goodreads    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7039844.Ann_Simas

Amazon        https://amazon.com/author/annsimas

What would you say are your strengths as an author?

I have staying power, By that, I mean I have dozens and dozens of book ideas rumbling around in my head. Some are started, others are nothing but a title, and some are a title and a one-liner, or even a paragraph. Fortune’s Cookie, to be released on May 19, 2023, fell into that final category. You can preorder the ebook on Amazon, or email me at ann@annsimas.com to order a signed paperback. If you don’t care if it’s signed, the paperback is also available from Amazon.


Another strength I have is writing good dialogue. What occurs to me is what I write. Afterward, I go over it (and over it), making sure it’s even better. In Fortune’s Cookie, the two main characters, Brynn and Rafe, exchange some amusing dialogue, which is always fun to write.

My final strength is that I’ve always been a daydreamer. I know, you’ve never thought daydreaming could be a strength, but for me, it is. I never know where my imagination is going to take me!


How often do you write, and do you write using a strict routine?

Usually, I write anywhere from five to seven days a week. However, I have a family, and they come first. My routine isn’t exactly strict, but I try to write at least two chapters a day. If I’m on a roll, it’s more, and if I’m not, it’s less.


I release three to four books a year now, so I write as much as I can. I also create my own book covers, which is (usually) fun. Sometimes, however, it can be aggravating, too, until I get the right mix. I have an editor (Nancy Jankow) who keeps me on the straight and narrow, and my husband, Frank, makes sure all my mechanical/gun stuff is right.


Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer?

In five years, I hope to have 60 books written. My hope is that readers never tire of reading what I’ve written, but let’s face it. I can’t go on writing forever, although if there’s an opportunity to write in the Hereafter, I’ll take it!


If you could offer once piece of advice to a novice writer, what would it be?

Don’t give up! Writing can be difficult, and then you wait and wait for a reply from the publishing house, or the agent, or readers. Don’t know what to do while you’re waiting? If you’re serious about writing, start working on the next book!


I started out with Harlequin/Silhouette (The Sugar Cup/Annie Sims), but life got in the way and I wrote only sporadically. After I left my last job, I decided to write fulltime. By then, indies were a thing, and Amazon had entered the publishing market, so I decided to try my hand at being an indie author. I haven’t regretted it, though I don’t make as much money, but hey, that’s the way life is! I like being an indie author and I like being my own boss, though sometimes, I wish I didn’t have to do my own marketing.


Whichever route you decide to take, whether as an indie or a publishing-house author, remember this: Always give it your best.


What would you consider to be the best compliment a reader could give your book?

I love it when readers tell me they couldn’t put the book down…not to eat, or sleep, or feed their husband or pets. It thrills me when they like the twisty-turny events in the book. I smile when they comment on the romantic elements of the story. I smile even bigger when they mention the book made them laugh out loud. I’m blown away when they tell me how many times they’ve read my books. I absolutely love my readers!


What are you working on now?

I just finished Torched to Die (book 9, Grace Gabbiano Mysteries), which will be released on July 28. These are my best-selling books, followed by Fossil, Colorado Books, and Christmas Valley Romances. I started another new series in November 2022 entitled Sugar Plum Creek Holiday Books. They’ll be released throughout the year (not in any specific order), and revolve around a holiday. Released so far are Merry Witchy Christmas and Stupid Cupid (the titles always reflect the holiday in the book).

Fortune’s Cookie is the first book in my latest series, The Bly Family. Fortune’s Cookie is a rom-com thriller about Brynn and Rafe. Up next is Diaper Dude (Derry and Knox, 2024), and after that, Sweet Talk (Casey and Gabe, 2025). I haven’t got Mollie’s story figured out yet. I’m also debating writing their mother’s (Egan and Flynn) story, or let it come naturally through the other books. All For Love, a stand-alone romantic thriller, will be released on October 20. 


 


FORTUNE'S COOKIE

mybook.to/FortunesCookie


 

TORCHED TO DIE (Grace Gabbiano Mysteries #9) 

mybook.to/Torch-to-Die



ALL FOR LOVE 

mybook.to/All-For-Love 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/