Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year 2024! What's In Store for Escape With a Writer?

 


Happy 2024!!

I, for one, am happy to turn the page on the calendar to a whole New Year and hope for many great opportunities to come my way! 

This past year has seen too much heartache and a crazy rollercoaster ride in both my personal and career lives:

  • ·       I left a relationship and job that were not working and moved across Canada with 2 cats and my worldly possessions - in a new car I hoped I wouldn’t have to buy but love.
  • ·       I published All That Shimmers in May 2024, and was part of 3 Aconite CafĂ© Anthologies where I created a new character named Dash Allman, a beach bum PI who adores the late Jimmy Buffett.
  • ·       I was thrilled when the publisher I’d worked with for 10 years suggested I train with her and take over publisher duties since she turned 80 last year. After getting every password she used and access to EVERYTHING, as well as getting my own business cards proclaiming me Associate Publisher…she first suggested I get a part-time job. A month later, after getting a part-time job, she told me to get a full-time job and that she had never offered me a job. 
  • ·      I began plans to build my own publishing imprint to release my newest books on my own terms and control. Lucky for me, I have some great self-published authors who were thrilled to give advice and help me out.
  • ·       Thing One – my oldest – had a friend create a logo that I LOVE!
  • ·       I already had a name thanks to my blog:  Escape With a Writer.
  • ·       I had a book in a shelf that I’ve been editing and having Beta readers help out with so I can launch it February 14, 2024. Personally, Valentine’s Day hasn’t meant much for me in a very long time. I’m bringing back the love!
  • ·       My contract with my current publisher ends at the end of April 2024. Where things go from there, we’ll see.

The short version of it all, is that I’m taking back my life and creating the career I’ve dreamed of since I was a kid. Reaching for the stars! Whether that takes me to new heights, or crashes and burns, remains to be seen.

Either way, I’m focusing on doing what I love.

I hope you spend 2024 doing the same - Following your passions!

Lots more to come!!

Diane Bator

https://www.dianebator.ca/

Join my newsletter @ https://dianebator.substack.com/

The Drama Llama Escaped December 9! Did you get your copy?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/