Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Getting back into routine.

Inevitably, September brings school. My New Year. New routines, new writing supplies - they're not just for the kids! - and new challenges.

In two more days, I'll grade for my yellow belt in karate. It hasn't been an easy road but definitely an enjoyable one. I've made new friends and overcome some of the pain I've dealt with for the past two years.

My writing was put on hold for the summer due to company, kids underfoot 24-7 and me wanting to spend time with them. This fall, the excuses are gone. My agent is reading two of my novels and I'm working on a third one now. Several more lurk in the closet waiting for the first in the series, The Bookstore Lady, to find a home.

I am in "hurry up and wait mode." Some days it seems like I'll never get another book published even though my desk drawers are bursting at the seams with them. Other days, I get small incentives to keep going. My e-novella, Murder on Manitou, has had 576 downloads at last count and I have print copies coming soon.

Baby steps.
Several deep breaths.
Keep learning and don't give up.

That is the only way to get to where I want to be in my life.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane,

    I am new to the area and was wondering how I might get involved with the Headwaters Writer's Guild.

    Regards,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/