Saturday, October 26, 2019

Diane Scott Lewis talks about "Her Vanquished Land"



Welcome to featured writer Diane Scott Lewis!




Diane Parkinson (Diane Scott Lewis) grew up near San Francisco, joined the Navy at nineteen, married in Greece and raised two sons in Puerto Rico and Guam. She's a member of the Historical Novel Society, and wrote book reviews. She's had several historical novels published
Diane lives with her husband in western Pennsylvania.


Tell us about your life outside of writing.
I love to travel. I just returned from a trip to Greece for a navy reunion (I was married there). And a trip to England where I visited fellow author Anita Davison. We’ve been cyber-pals for 13 years, but had never met face-to-face. I also like creating graphic art, wine-tasting with my husband, and playing with our new puppy, Lilly.

Do you have a work in progress?
Yes, a story set in Greece during the 1950s. A romantic-suspense.

Was there a person who encouraged you to write?
It seems I’ve always loved to write. My mom encouraged me, then later my English or Creative Writing teachers. They all said I had talent.

Five years from now, where do you see yourself as a writer?
I hope to have a best seller and a house in the Caribbean. I’m trying new ideas to increase my sales, such as paid publicity.

What are you working on now?
My Greek story, A Spark to Ashes. A runaway wife and a scarred professor collide on the Aegean coast in 1955.

 HER VANQUISHED LAND

When the rebels overrun her home state of Pennsylvania, she flees with her family. Are the people loyal to England welcome anywhere in the burgeoning United States? Rowena struggles with possible defeat and permanent exile, plus her growing love for an enigmatic Welshman who may have little need for affection. Will the war destroy both their lives?
Buy on Amazon 



BEYOND THE FALL
Tamara travels to Cornwall, England and researches her ancestors. In a neglected cemetery, she scrapes two fallen headstones together, faints, and wakes up in 1789, the year of The French Revolution, and grain riots. Farmer Colum Polwhele, a man with his own secrets, comes to her aid. Can a sassy San Francisco gal survive in this primitive time and fall for Colum, or will she struggle to return to her own time?
Buy on Amazon


You can find Diane Scott Lewis at:
Amazon Author page
Bookbub  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/